Asparia Glycomics is a rapidly growing glycotechnology company that offers state-of the art products and services for glycobiology to customers worldwide.
Join our international team of highly qualified professionals on our exciting mission to provide innovative and reliable glycotechnology products and services at an affordable cost. We offer a fun and flexible work environment in modern labs and excellent prospects for personal career development in a young biotechnology company.
Asparia Glycomics is located in the Guipuzkoa Science Park, a recognized biotech and science hub located in the scenic coastal town of San Sebastian, Basque Country with an exceptionally quality of life.
If you are an enthusiastic glycoscientist with advanced expertise in either synthetic carbohydrate chemistry or in mass spectrometry based glycan analysis who is looking for a new challenge, we are always interested in hearing from you.
Please use the contact form for expressions of interest and to inquire for future opportunities.
Asparia Glycomics is a rapidly growing Glycotechnology company that offers state-of the art products and services for glycobiology to customers worldwide. Our comprehensive portfolio of glycan analysis services includes N-, O- and glycolipid analysis, absolute glycan quantification, monosaccharide analysis, glycosite occupancy and glycome profiling services of biofluid, cells, exosome or tissues samples. For our expanding analytical operations, we are now looking for an experienced analytical chemist with a strong background in mass spectrometry based glycan analysis and/or glycoproteomics. Asparia Glycomics is located in the Guipuzkoa Science Park in San Sebastian, a thriving coastal town in the Basque Country with a high quality of life and famous for its food
- You will improve existing, develop and validate new analytical workflows for Asparia`s routine and custom glycan analysis and glycoproteomics services (N-/O-glycosylation, glycolipid analysis, HMO analysis, glycopeptide analysis, in depth glycan analysis including structure elucidation, glycosylation site occupancy, absolute quantification strategies)
- Analyze samples according to client specifications, regulatory guidelines, SOPs or published protocols using UPLC-FLD-MS, MALDI-TOF MS, UPLC-FLD/MS/MS as major techniques, experience in the use of automated sample preparation helpful
- Assist in the management of the glycan analysis lab including sample logistics, data acquisition and analysis, lab certification and maintenance of new instrumentation
- Interpret analytical results and write compelling and precise service reports
- Participate in internal R&D in clinical glycan biomarker validation and product development
Desired education and skill set
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry and/or postdoctoral experience in mass spectrometry based glycan analysis and/or glycoproteomics
- Hands-on experience in maintenance and basic troubleshooting of complex LC-MS instrumentation spectrometry
- Previous industry experience in glycan analysis welcome
- Able to work independently on complex custom analysis projects
- Meticulous and well organized experimentalist with good theoretical knowledge in analytical chemistry
- Interest and knowledge in biostatistics welcome
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills
- Full time permanent contract after probation period
- Participate in cutting edge glycoscience research and custom synthesis projects
- Small and fun team of enthusiastic glycoscientists
- Salary according to expertise and experience
Candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and the names and contact details of at least 2 references via the application form on this page or by e-mail to email@example.com. The deadline for application is 31.12.2022, later applications will be considered if the position has not been filled.