Absolute Glycan Quantification by MS using Stable Isotope Labeled Glycan Standards
CarboQuant standards are patented synthetic 13C-labeled N-glycans, produced entirely in our laboratory for use as internal standards in absolute glycan quantification by mass spectrometry. They are available as single standards or in kit form including a quantification software and all reagents and consumables required for glycan analysis.
- >95% pure
- Fully characterized by MS and NMR
- Show up to 8 Dalton mass increment. No overlap between analyte and standard peaks.
- All N-acetylglucosamine are labelled
- Quantified internal standards (qNMR )
- Broad coverage of N-glycan structures
- Use of internal glycan standards to improve your glycan analysis workflow
- Improve your method robustness with internal glycan standards
- Quantify individual glycans in biofluids like any other metabolite
- Use MALDI-TOF MS to generate quantitative glycan profiles in biomarker studies and biopharmaceutical research with very fast sample preparation and acquisition
- Glycan Absolute Quantification by Mass Spec. using Stable Isotope Labeled Glycan Standards
Each kit contains
- Quantified mixture of 8-11 13C-standards covering all major glycans present
- Proprietary peptide N-glycosidase F (PNGase F)
- Sialic acid stabilization procedure
- Proprietary Quantification Software
- Rapid Absolute glycan quantification
- Measure of glycan recovery for in sample preparation
- Internal standards for the quantitative glycan profiling by MALDI-Tof MS employing mAbsolute kits
- Rapid high-throughput glycan analysis in clone selection and process development
- Quality control
- Biosimilar optimisation
Clinical Chemistry Biomarkers
- Measure glycan levels in serum samples with picomole precision
- Establish cut-off values for glycan biomarkers
- Quantify aberrant glycosylation in cancer samples
- Internal performance calibrants for method transfer and multiple laboratory studies
mAbsolute Quantification Software
In analogy to isotopic dilution methods employed routinely in targeted metabolomics or clinical biochemistry the use of stable isotope labeled glycans as internal standards could turn a mass MALDI-Tof mass spectrometer into a quantitative glycan analysis tool.
13C-enriched glycan standards show the same physicochemical properties as the natural isotopologue and hence ionize with equal efficiency but they are readily distinguished by an increment in mass.
The MALDI-TOF based quantification method is compatible with a high-troughput performance, yielding a complex data set which can be treated easily with the mAbsolute Quantification Software.
- Data formats: The software was works with commercial Bruker and common .csv data formats, it will analyze hundreds of individual experiments automatically.
- Quality control: The software evaluates the quality of the quantification data by calibrating the different glycan isotopologues
- Reporting module: The software generates a customized report regarding absolute and relative quantification data.
Isotopic Dilution Method based absolute quantification
The mAbsolute quantification software takes advantage of the N-glycan isotopologue profiles, with 4-5 abundant isotopologues in the MS spectra of known natural abundances. The known concentration range of CarboQuant standard isotopologues can be used to match the analyte concentration and allows quantification over a concentration range covering 3 orders of magnitude. The software uses up to four isotopologues of each light and heavy glycan for a robust absolute quantification.
mAbsolute Quantification Software can be also adapted to any other biomolecule or metabolite and used to perform MS-based absolute quantification studies.
If you have any question or are interested in a given application, please contact us.